Hello there...!

Hello there and welcome to My English Corner! Here you will find answer to many doubts we may come across with when learning English. Have you ever argued over the question "Should I write two people or two persons"?, or when do we write "yours sincerely" and when "yours faithfully"? You students will also be able to participate in this blog simply writing commentaries or sending me questions to marysea@hotmail.com. Apart from this sort of curiosities, My English Corner will be full with anecdotes you can seize upon to know a little bit further of the language and culture you are studying. So, just scroll down and let My English Corner do the rest.Your comments and corrections will be always welcomed.



Thursday 6 May 2010

Especially Vs. Specially



When do we write "Especially" and when "Specially"???
The explanation is the following: We use especially when it can be substituted by "particularly". For instance, "I'm especially interested in the tennis courses". However, we use specially when we refer to something exceptional. For example, "That was a special offer".

No comments:

Post a Comment